Program Registration Policies
Wait List Policy
Wait lists are formed when registration for a program has reached its maximum. Participants are removed from the wait list and enrolled in the program if space becomes available or an additional section is formed. If a new section is formed, it may not be on the same day, at the same time, or in the same location as the original program.
For programs with multiple sections available during the same registration session, participants will be placed on a wait list for one section only. Participants may not enroll for one section and be placed on a wait list for another section of the same program during the same registration session.
Refund/transfer requests may be made up to five business days prior to the start of a class. A $5 service charge will be deducted from all refunds except for those cancelled by the Park District. Refund requests received after the deadline will be honored only for certified medical reasons, moving from the Park District, or those that qualify for a program guarantee refund.
Program Guarantee Refunds
If dissatisfied with a class or activity due to circumstances under the Park District’s control, a full refund can be granted or the program may be repeated at no charge based on availability.
Program guarantee refund requests may be made at the Recreation/Administration Center in person or by calling (815) 436-8812 within five business days of the last class meeting. The program guarantee does not apply to adult sports leagues, food, beverages, Ottawa Street Pool season passes and daily admissions, tickets to entertainment and sporting events, trips or Great Adventures.
Refunds are issued by check unless the payment was made with a credit or debit card in which case the refund will be applied to the card used. Refund checks are approved at the Board of Commissioners meetings on the second Wednesday of each month (unless otherwise noted). Checks over $10 are mailed the next day. Refunds of $10 or less will automatically be issued as a household credit to be used by June 15 of each year. Credits of $10 or more not used by that date will then be refunded by check. If the credit is $10 or less it will remain as a household credit unless a refund is requested.
- Attendance in classes is limited to registered participants and parents/guardians only. Parents and siblings, including those in strollers, are not allowed in class unless otherwise stated.
- The Park District reserves the right to cancel any program due to insufficient enrollment. In such cases, a full refund will be issued.
- Recreation programs are designed for specific age groups. Participants must be the age designated in the class description before the course begins. Birth certificates may be requested.
- The Plainfield Park District assumes no responsibility for personal injury or loss of personal property for anyone attending or participating in a Park District sponsored event or activity.
- The Plainfield Park District does not prorate fees based on customer availability to attend a class or late registration.